Wednesday, March 25, 2009
There IS snow
There was another flood committee meeting today. Here are some highlights...
* The National Guard brought in a back-up generator that can be used for the lift station if the power goes out.
* High school students (including some students from Walhalla) will be filling sand bags on Friday and possibly Monday if needed.
* The command center at the Community Center will open at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday. People can stop there to volunteer.
* Community members are asked to help fill sand bags on Saturday. Meet at the Community Center at 10:00 a.m.
* They plan to put in the bridge closure to South Pembina on Sunday afternoon.
All this, of course, is subject to change.
There will be a community meeting on Monday evening at 7:00 at the Community Center.